Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bumbershoot 2008: Backstage chatter, Death Cab review in September 5 print issue


It's Albert at Seattle Gay News, exhausted from 3 days of being on my feet at Bumbershoot. I had a fab time and don't wish for a second that I'd taken a laptop to the festival because I would've had to lug it everywhere, and I was literally everywhere on the Seattle Center grounds.

I'll have a wrap-up of Bumbershoot, complete with backstage exclusives with The Blakes and Sons and Daughters, plus sightings of David Cross and Amber Tamblyn together at Flatstock. And of course, a full review of Death Cab for Cutie's awesome concert last night - it was truly a great performance, one for the record books.

Grab a copy of Friday's (September 5) issue or check online Saturday to find out what songs Gibbard and company played, and what they looked like up close because I was in the very front row for a half hour of it before moving further back to have room to breathe and dance.

And to the darling from Bremerton standing next to me yesterday who said, "We'll take of you" in case I fainted or near-suffocated from being squished in the front row, I wanna say thank you for not letting me die at a DCFC show. All my lungs still work this morning, I think.

No comments: