Seattle Center has come to a tentative agreement with Seattle Out and Proud to settle its outstanding debt for the 2006 Seattle Pride Festival.
The agreement reached today includes plans for a scaled-down, one-day Seattle Pride Festival this June. Terms include:
1. A payment plan for the $100,026.33 accumulated debt from the 2006 festival that includes an immediate payment of $50,000 and $25,000 over each of the next two years.
2. Production of a one-day festival in 2007 on Sunday, June 24 to coincide with the parade.
3. Seattle Out and Proud's hire of professional event planners.
4. Seattle Out and Proud's hire of a sponsorship development firm.
5. Seattle Center will have oversight of the 2007 festival budget.
"We are pleased that we could come to an agreement with SOAP to pay their 2006 debt and ensure that there will be a Seattle Pride Festival this year at Seattle Center," said Seattle Center director Robert Nellams. "This is a win-win situation for the center and for the community."
More Information: http://www.seattlecenter.com