Sunday, June 22, 2008

FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS AND A FOND FAREWELL TO PROVINCETOWN

Lights! Camera! Action! Awards! The 10th Annual Provincetown Film Festival came to a glittering climax tonight as the HBO Audience Choice Awards were given in six categories. The top prize (for best feature film) went to Frozen River, a triumph for first-time director Courtney Hunt. The film was also an award winner at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.

The closing night party was held at The Boatslip, one of Provincetown’s best known and best loved gay venues (where daily tea dances are one of the town’s staples). After the party, I took my very own bar crawl – to Gifford House (with its Porchside Lounge, a casual place to hang out and chat – Club Purgatory, a more serious leather den – and a Lobby Piano Bar). At Atlantic House (“A-House” to those familiar with it) I found a dance bar, smaller bar and a Macho Bar (use your imagination!) And at the Crown and Anchor (where I’m residing) which has so many bar venues that I’ve lost count! Talk about a full service resort!

So I bid a fond farewell to Provincetown. Hope you’ve enjoyed my tales of adventure. I hope to be back soon…….

No comments: