Monday, May 28, 2007

Hot in Hawaii


Greetings, again, from paradise! Another clear, hot, sunny day here in Oahu. I had time to lie in the sun for a bit today, right near the pool at the Aqua Palms & Spa. A welcome change from our fair – but cloudy -- Emerald City.

Did some more exploring – beautiful Ala Moana Park, and went back to the International Market Place to get some souvenirs of Hawaii for my buddies back home. Wanted to get a flower for my hair, but – alas – I had it cut too short. So, I bought a beautiful lei and the friendly woman that made it took a photo of me with my camera. Very welcoming.

Headed back to the Rainbow Film Fest (on its last day) and saw two very different films: Saint of 9/11, about Father Mychal Judge, chaplain for the Fire Department of New York, who perished in the World Trade Center disaster – and Coffee Date, a farce about a straight man who finds himself dating a gay guy. Look for my wrap-up of the festival in the next issue of the Seattle Gay News.

Tomorrow is my last day in Oahu before heading back to Seattle – capped with a luau tomorrow night. Check this blog for all the delicious details.

No comments: