Monday, September 1, 2008

Bumbershoot 2008: Death Cab for Cutie, Old 97's, The Offspring set for final day


It's Albert again from Seattle Gay News, under an hour from returning to Seattle Center for the final day of Bumberhoot.

With all intent to blog on the days of the festival, the reality is that there's so much going on and so much running from stage to stage that I don't even enjoy a filling meal until I'm on my way home. Alas, it's a day late.

Today's lineup features headliners and Seattle's own Death Cab for Cutie. These guys are worth the $40 entrance fee alone, a marvelous live act that fluctuates the mood throughout their sets. Expect to hear "Soul Meets Body', "Title and Registration", The Sound of Settling", "Crooked Teeth", and "I Will Possess Your Heart". Cross your fingers, as I am, for "Long Division", "I Will Follow You Into the Dark", and "Your Heart is an Empty Room". Death Cab for Cutie hops onstage at 9:15pm. Opening is Superchunck at 7:45pm.

The Offspring is one of those bands we thought might disappear at the start of the new millennium. Their brand of quirky, make that downright wacky, rock tunes are far from classics. But fans like them this way, and they should pack Memorial Stadium this afternoon to see them. The Offspring is slated to begin at 3:15pm. Grammy nominees Paramore open at 1:45pm.

Another act sure to draw a good crowd is Old 97's, featuring hot lead singer Rhett Miller. The Texas-based rockabilly band hits the Starbucks Stage at 6:45pm.

I'm in a rush, so I gotta just list some acts to check out today: John Vanderslice, Xavier Rudd, Two Gallants, Minus the Bear, Flobots, and local group Feral Children.

I can't wait to see Death Cab for Cutie again!!! I'm on my way.

No comments: